We’re giving 15 ambitious Londoner’s the chance to turn clever ideas into successful businesses, we hope that’s you!
What will you get:
- Each successful candidate will be provided with a stall, in one of London’s thriving markets, to trade between March – September 2019
- There will be a £500 bursary (split across two payments of £250 payments, to be paid at the beginning and again on completion of programme)
- Practical and technical training based on your business e.g. food hygiene and safety
- Industry mentors will provide ongoing support to boost your confidence, point out any pitfalls to be avoided, and to lend an ear when you need words of wisdom or to talk through any problems you might have
- Expertise advice in shaping your business plan
- Induction week will introduce you to the programme, with sessions on business modelling, branding and trading within a market or on a micro-scale.
Who is it for:
- Aged 18+
- Resident of any London borough
- Have either a product to sell or a personal service to benefit customers (we are looking for diverse products and services, as well as traditional market trades)
- 6 m
onthsexperience selling your product or service. (If you have less experience, please apply as all applications will be considered.)
- We are seeking highly motivated and talented individuals. People that can think outside of the box or can demonstrate new approaches to a current market trade or use the market stall to present their services in an attractive way that people would not be used to
- We are also seeking to encourage applications from people who are currently under-represented within this industry. This includes candidates who come from all backgrounds including black, Asian or ethnic minority backgrounds, disabled candidates, those from the LGBTQ+ community or people on low income. Everyone is welcome!
- We encourage applicants, whether they have no formal qualifications or those who have taken the formal educational route.
Deadline for applications is Midnight on Monday 11th March 2019